12 Things I Believe Now (That I Wish I Had Known to Believe When I was a Child)
- There is nothing wrong with you no matter what weight or size you are. You are already 100% valuable and worthy as a human being. You were born that way and you will remain that way for the rest of your life.
- Being a thin child would not in and of itself make me any happier about myself. It’s not the number on the scale or the size of my body that makes me happy. It is my thoughts about myself that are what make me happy or unhappy. I can have positive thoughts about myself no matter what I look like or what I weigh.
- Foods with flour and sugar make me hungrier than whole, unprocessed foods.
- Exercise is for fun, not for weight management or weight loss. Moving my body in a way that feels good is just plain good for my overall wellbeing.
- It is important to learn what true physical hunger feels like in my body so I can eat when I am hungry and stop eating when my body has had enough.
- Diet sodas aren’t helpful in any way. Water is better.
- You cannot compare what you eat and how your body looks to what other people eat and how their bodies look. Different bodies process food in very different ways. Focus on yourself and learn how your individual body processes the foods you choose to eat.
- Foods are not good or bad. Food is just food.
- Learn to feel your feelings, process your emotions and look internally for solutions to your problems. Don’t create the habit of looking for something external such as food to solve for unwanted emotions.
- Weight and size based bullying is harmful, especially when it comes from myself aimed at myself. Learning how to kindly and compassionately talk to myself is a game-changing, important life skill.
- My body is not here on Earth to be objectified by anyone, myself included. How my body looks is just a small part of me, that frankly, I didn’t have much say in creating in the first place.
- Wheat Thins are not a nutritionally dense food just because they have the word wheat in them! (Yes, I did think this as a kid!)
If you are interested in working with me to change the trajectory of your child's life,
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.